Monday, July 22, 2013

Superfood Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

I made this once before and really liked it (Zach and Lucy not so much). I decided to make it again and tweak the recipe a little bit more to my tastes. 
I love to have this salad made up in the fridge for me to grab and eat any time. It makes me feel super to know that I am eating something full of things that are good for my body!








My newest version of this yummy salad:

Superfood Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette 
Found here

Ingredients:

1 cup dry quinoa
2 oranges, peeled and segmented, chopped
8oz blueberries
2 avocados, chopped
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup pomegranate arils (about 1 pomegranate worth)
1 can of corn, drained
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
salt & pepper

For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
2 lemons, juiced (need 1/4 cup juice)
2 garlic cloves, microplaned or finely minced
dash of sugar
salt & pepper
6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Grilled chicken or shrimp



Directions:

1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.

2. For the Lemon Vinaigrette: combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid, and shake to combine.

3. Combine cooled quinoa with orange segments, avocado, beans, pomegranate arils, corn, cilantro, salt and pepper. Pour Lemon Vinaigrette over the salad and stir to combine. Top with grilled chicken or shrimp. Serve cold or at room temperature.









Yummy!

It would also be really yummy to throw in a can of mandarin oranges, grill the corn, and add the lemon zest from the lemon peels.

What else would you add?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...