Tuesday, June 16, 2015

2015: This Year I Will...

Here is the list of things I am working on this year! These are things that will make me happy inside and out.

This year I want to develop new talents, dust off old talents, minimize, simplify, and create happy memories and experiences.









1. Ukulele:
Kay and Greg got me a ukulele for my birthday last November and I have yet to learn even how to tune it. I'd like to at least learn how to tune it and play one song. Anyone local willing to help me with this one?



2. Read:
This favorite hobby of mine is sadly neglected most of the time for two main reasons:
1. Lack of new books that interest me
2. Lack of free time where I can ignore everything else around me

I am working on compiling a list of books to put on hold at the local library. I'm also working on cultivating Lucy and Clara's ability to play by themselves safely.



3. Organize and Downsize Closets:
We have great spacious closets in each room of the house, but they are not set up for maximum usage. I'd like to get rid of unused/unwanted items in each and  reorganize the remaining stuff. This will most likely include buying a 2-3 drawer filing cabinet, shelving units etc.



4. Makeup:
Being a minimalist, my ideal would be to have only one of everything I use for makeup. One perfect foundation, one perfect blush, etc. I concede that some variety is good for the occasional special outing etc. but I hate having a bunch of unused samples, half used, old makeup that I never wear and never will wear. I also hate wasting things so my solution is to use up as much as I can and give away the rest.

I also think it would be fun to have a daughter-mom makeover with Lucy and let her do my makeup.

- Use up makeup and perfume samples
- Use each lipstick I own at least once, then keep, give away, or toss
- Minimize makeup by using up as many half-used things as I can



5. Flowers around the house:
What is something that truly makes me happy every time I see it? My orchids in the living room and bathroom. I need more flowers!

I want to thoughtfully pick out flowers to decorate my home with.

Some flowers I love to look at:
- White orchids
- Blue Irises
- Peonies
- Blue hydrangea
- Tulips
- Roses
- Daisies



Via.





6. Record history
Whether recording my own life or the lives of others, I want to do more of it!

- Update my blog
- Write about people that have made a difference/impact in my life
- Experiment with the new Story Corps recording/interviewing app and hopefully record family stories



7. Master a recipe
I want to master making an amazing dessert. Soft and gooey rice krispies, moist pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing, cream puffs... Mmm. So many choices.



8. Dance!
I really, really, really love to dance.

- More dance parties with Lucy and Clara
- More dancing with my husband
- In an ideal world: a free adult ballet, dance class, or Zumba



9. Hang it up:
Since moving into our home in 2013 I have yet to hang up a single piece of art work or photograph. Mostly because I have enjoyed the emptiness of having bare walls. It was peaceful. A blank canvas.

After living in our home for over a year I've thought a lot about where I would hang things. I've finally decided where I'd like to put up a few of my favorite things. It's also made me realize that I have a lot of art/frames that I can get rid of because they aren't things that make me smile when I see them, they were more of space fillers.

Here's the starting list of what to hang:
- Chalk board
- Print and hang bluebonnet pictures and family picture from 2014
- Height measuring chart



10. Family Pictures 2015:
Have new family pictures taken with Henry included in them. The new addition calls for new family pictures. Who knows if I will have the opportunity to get them taken but I hope I can accomplish this goal!









What excites you?
What makes you smile?

Do more of it!





3 comments:

  1. What great goals! I love the ukelele! I've recently been on a simplifying kick-- I love the idea of tiny houses and streamlining and simplifying possessions and routines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! One of the books I want to read is called The Life-Changing Magic of Tiding Up. It looks so good!

      Delete
  2. 8 and 9 are also my goals! I always love reading your lists. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...