Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Dec. 18, 2016: The Mighty Russian Jack Ward

I decided to dedicate a separate post for each day's pictures and memorable events from last Christmas vacation.

At this point it has been eight months since they happened, and my memory is failing me, especially after everything that has happened since then. I figure I better post about them before I forget completely. Thanks to pictures and a calendar I can piece together the time line of our EPIC ALASKAN CHRISTMAS VACATION! (I thought a booming echo voice would be appropriate here.)


Dec. 18, 2016:

We went to church with my Dad and Gayle. It was nice because their congregation (The Mighty Russian Jack Ward) had their special Christmas choir sacrament meeting that Sunday, so we were able to hear my dad sing in the choir. Growing up I always loved seeing/hearing Dad and Gayle sing in the choir together, and in high school I would often join them. It was also one of the things I first noticed about Zach when we were dating. He was one of the only men in the choir with me! Haha! (A tradition I'd love to pick up again one day.)

Also as a special surprise, my cousin Rebecca had her baby blessed that same Sunday, and we were able to be there for that! I was SO good to see her and her family!

A special shout out to Sister Pam Darby who was the first one I saw after we walked into the chapel. She gave me a huge hug which brought back so many memories and made me feel right at home again. I spent much of my summers as a kid in her home and playing in her yard with my siblings and her kids. I love brother and sister Darby. It was wonderful to see so many familiar faces.

After church we had family dinner at my Dad's house. (Another one of my favorite family traditions.) I can't remember if Gayle made roast beef that Sunday, but that was what we used to have every Sunday we spent there as kids.


Grandma Gayle playing a game with Lucy and Clara.





Lucy's cat documentary. Also known as: Cat, Snow, Emily, Entertainment System, House, Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...