1. Ukulele: Nope
My goal was to at least learn how to tune my birthday gift, but no luck yet! I have found a few musically inclined friends who might be willing to help me figure out the basics. But this goal is unachieved, as of yet.
- Read TONS of books
- Kids and I participated in summer reading program at the local library and received free books of our choosing
I'm on Goodreads if anyone wants to see what I've been up to.
- Put in extra wire shelving in Lucy's closet, including a half-bar so she can reach and hang up her own clothes
- Put in extra shelving in library closet to maximize vertical space
- Went through closets and cupboards and donated a lot of unused items
- Researched and bought filing cabinet
- Sorted through all papers, threw out old papers, and organized the remaining papers into new filing cabinet
Such a satisfying victory. I love, love getting rid of stuff I don't need, want, or use. Donating it to someone else who needs it and getting junk out of my house = bliss!
- Taught beauty night for 16-18 year old girls at church and gave away LOTS of unused/unwanted makeup and samples
- Used up lots of samples
Still need to go through lipsticks and try each one out, to determine its ultimate fate. Did give a few away, though!
Anyone want to have a makeup swap/ladies night?
- White orchid in master bathroom
- Real orchid for kitchen table
Still on the hunt for the perfect arrangements for guest room, guest bathroom, and master bedroom side table.
Even though technically most of my success in this one has been since the new year, I'm counting it!
I've also been helping my in-laws sort, organize, label, scan, and post family pictures and documents to facebook and familysearch.org. My family tree is looking great! I've learned a lot about my husband's side of the family in the process, and have really been enjoying it.
I learned how to make:
- Cream Puffs! Waaaay easier than I thought. (Thanks, Serena!)
I'm drooling just thinking about these...
- Pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting
- Fruit whip
- Chicken vegetable soup
- Roasted butternut and apple soup
All of these are now my favorite recipes. Mmmm.
We have had a few family dance parties and I attended one cardio dance class at church. But not really the amount I was hoping for. I still enjoyed what I got, though!
My house looks awesome! It makes me smile every time I pass by and see any of these pieces hanging in my home. And that is the whole point of having art in your home in the first place!
Done! I was so happy to have made friends with a lovely woman who was willing to take family photos for us on the cheap! (Thank you so, so much Stephanie!)
Ah, a satisfying year! I'm giving myself an 8 out of 10! Not bad at all, and some of my successes were overachieved! I'm excited to start my fun goals for 2016!
Any suggestions or successes of your own?