Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May Flowers

One of the things I loved about this house when we were house hunting were the beautiful roses bushes and pomegranate bush in the back yard. I love flowers, and the rose is one of my favorites. It is both a beautiful flower as well as my namesake, and I am glad that I could share it with Clara.

Growing up I knew a boy named Tracy and never felt like it was a very pretty or feminine name. But Rose was my middle name- my special, beautiful, name. Tracy Rose. The Rose redeemed me, and gave me a sense of pride. Whenever anyone asked my middle name it sort of felt like revealing a special and beautiful secret.

I'm not that great about maintaining our rose bushes or helping them thrive, but despite my lack of skill and watering they have been coming back every year and I have been enjoying their blooms and amazing fragrance every summer.








My little Clara Rose.






Ready to graduate from Newborn to 0-3 Month onesies.


















My favorite newborn outfit for Clara. 















First Pomegranate bloom of spring!



Lucy likes to dress herself and often chooses to wear this dress backwards because she can only button the back buttons when they are in the front.



Patch of weeds = free landscaping!



Clara being the recipient of a LOT of love.



Lucy likes to pick these weeds flowers and put them in a vase for the kitchen table.



Lucy loving being a big sister.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...