Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pear Apple Sauce

With so much fruit left over we decided to make one of my favorites, Pear Apple Sauce!

Don't be intimidated. This is one of the easiest recipes ever.


Pear Apple Sauce

Ingredients:

Apples and pears, enough to fill the crockpot
2 tsp ground cinnamon




Directions:

1. Peel, core, and slice apples and pears into chunks. Place in large crockpot on high.

2. Add ground cinnamon. Let cook for several hours until fruit begins to soften.

3. Stir mixture occasionally. Use potato masher to break up any large pieces. Let continue to cook until fruit is desired softness/consistency. 

4. Enjoy! Delicious warm or cold. Can be frozen in Tupperware and enjoyed later.







This was a smaller batch. Don't be afraid to fill it to the top of the pot, it cooks down a lot.



I like having a few varieties of apples in it for a mixture of tastes and textures. You can even make it with brown sugar or nutmeg if you want to try that variation. I've also made it with a handful of frozen berries or leftover fruit from my refrigerator tossed in. Really, there is no way to go wrong with any assortment of fruit!

I love to make this for Christmas dinner. Spiral glazed ham + apple pear sauce = yum. I love having foods hot and ready whenever it's time to eat, and not take up room in the oven or on the stove top for big dinners. 

One of my favorite things about it, is that it makes your house smell amazing.

Let me know if you try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...