Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Race Track

The last night before Andrew and Boyd left town, Andrew wanted to go out and have one last hurrah. We went to a local track and raced go carts.

Boyd and Andrew went first racing against each other, and I raced last by myself to see if I could beat their times. I was glad that I had the track to myself so I didn't have to worry about slowing down to avoid hitting anyone else.

It was fun! But also a little stressful. Whenever I tried to really press the gas down the whole way, the entire go cart started shuddering. It kind of felt like I wasn't enough weight to keep the car down against the asphalt. So, I would have to ease up until it smoothed out.

I was also scared of hitting the sides because they made a big deal about how it wasn't bumper cars, and if you hit anyone (or anything) on purpose then you were done. I tried to go as fast as I could without losing control or bumping around. I didn't beat Andrew or Boyd's fastest times, but I did get progressively faster on each lap! So, I count that a win for me.



Ready to go!



Watching Boyd and Andrew race. 



Getting the low-down.



I'm so fast, I'm a blur!






It was a fun activity, and something that I would have never done on my own! It was definitely out of my normal comfort zone.

Lucy was pretty disappointed and sad when she realized that she wasn't going to get a turn. (Too short!) But, luckily for her Andrew bought her some Resse's Pieces to ease her pain.






To finish the night we went to Joe's Crab Shack for a yummy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...