This is a recipe by Moi that I created based on a recipe that I loved, lost, and wished I still had, from some lovely friends of ours in Alaska.
This is my Turkish inspired version of that lost recipe Brie. Oh, how I loved Turkey... Maybe someday we will get the chance to visit there again.
This dish is best served at a party to impress everyone.
|The glorious final product waiting for a lucky bagel crisp to scoop up its gooey interior.|
1 Mini-Wheel of Brie 8 oz. (I used President brand- Usually found in the deli section)
1 Pack Phyllo dough, you use about 15 sheets (Usually found in the freezer section)
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
6 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic (I used pre-minced jar garlic that has some juice in it)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Unwrap Phyllo dough. Place five sheets, one sheet at a time, in the middle of a pie pan, spreading melted butter in between each sheet.
2. Unwrap brie and place in middle of buttered sheets, wrap sheets around cheese using butter as glue as necessary. Set aside
3. Repeat step one. Now place covered cheese in the middle with the cheese face down and wrap the second layer of Phyllo dough around cheese.
4. Repeat step one. Then repeat step three and make sure to turn the cheese right side up again for this third time.
5. Now you should have a thrice wrapped cheese waiting for deliciousness. Pop into oven for 30 minutes or until Phyllo is golden brown.
6. While cheese is cooking, mix chopped pecans, honey, and garlic in bowl, microwave for a few seconds and stir. If too chunky/dry for you liking, add more honey until desired consistency is achieved.
7. When cheese is done, pull out of oven, top with pecan mixture, let cool for a few moments.
8. Cut with knife, put melty cheese, golden crust, and nutty topping on bagel crisp. Enjoy!
|Done to perfection and eagerly awaiting honey-nut mixture.|