Friday, March 23, 2012

Remembering Peter: Lubbock Temple

I love fog! Just not driving through it. 

We went to Lubbock last weekend to attend the Temple and were quite surprised by all the fog on our way.  

Growing up in Alaska, I only remember seeing real fog once when I was driving around town with my dad. It was on a sports field and we pulled over and walked out into it. When we got out there it started lifting and was soon gone. 

I love the look and mood of fog, and it was kind of fun to see the Temple surrounded by it, but I was definitely relieved that it had lifted by the time it was time to drive back home.

While attending the Lubbock Temple I decided that it might be one of my favorites that I have had the opportunity to go inside. The murals, stained glass, and rooms are so beautiful. My favorite is an amazing ceiling mural that makes it look like the ceiling is a huge window with gold lattice and a beautiful sky showing through. 

This time attending the Temple was very special to me, and I felt the spirit so strongly. There were two young men and two young women who were all going through the Temple for their first time to receive their endowments. One young man was about to go on a mission. 

I was sitting in the Celestial room at the end of the session thinking about that time in the future when I would actually have the opportunity to be in the presence of Heavenly Father when I saw that young man come through the doors and go to his mother for a hug. You could tell that she was so proud of him. There was a lot of love in that room as each person embraced those who had just come through. 

It reminded me of when Zach and I went through the Anchorage Temple together and had so many family members and loved ones there to hug us and congratulate us as they met us in the Celestial room. I imagine that death will be a lot like that. I imagine that when we pass through the veil we will be able to see and meet those family members and loved ones that went before us and embrace them again. 

I couldn't help but think about my own hug with my son when that time comes. 

This time attending the Temple was the most real to me. I know there are things I need to improve and change so that I can ensure that I am worthy to meet Heavenly Father and Peter in Heaven. I can't wait for that day!



Sunrise through the fog, through the car window.



Following, but not too closely. 



Ahh! Scary!






I love to see the Temple.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...