I was assigned to be on the team that stayed back at the church to sort and organize the piles of food. This was done quickly and the rest of the evening became a waiting game as other groups finally came trickling back to the building.
To ward off boredom several of my friends and I decided to write poems for each other. And thus, the WPFYFC was born.
"What is WPFYFC?" you ask? Well, let me tell you.
It is the Write Poems For Your Friends Club. It had five easy rules which I will share below.
Write Poems For Your Friends Club
1. To be in the WPFYFC you need to write a poem for a friend
2. You can write a poem for more than one friend
3. You can write more than one poem for any of your friends
4. This club meets in between life (such as: me explaining the club = a club meeting)
5. You have to give a copy of the poem to the person the poem is written about/for
Looking back on it now, rules 2 and 3 seem unnecessary. Even rule 4.
So, basically: write a poem for a friend and give them a copy!
Welcome to the club!
The outcome of this club surprised me as I started amassing quite a collection of poems that people wrote for me. I also loved writing poems for my friends. Most of them were ridiculous, but they still made me quite happy and made me laugh.
Feel free to post a copy of your poem in the comments below.