Here is my slightly adapted version (doubled to fill the crock pot):
Creamy White Chili
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cup (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place chicken, onion, garlic, and oil in crockpot on the high heat setting. Add the beans, chicken broth, chilies and seasonings. Stir. While still set on high heat, let soup come to a boil and cook on high until chicken is not longer pink and onions are cooked through. Reduce heat setting to low; simmer, for 3-4 hours or until ready to eat.
- Before serving, change heat setting to Warm (or turn off heat); stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 14 servings.
|Via Taste of Home Winning|
|This shows how much you get from a half recipe. To fill pot to the top, follow recipe above.|
|Before: Ingredients added and ready to cook.|
|After: Ready for sour cream and whipping cream to be added.|
I also like to add celery and carrots when adding the onions, etc. for a slightly thicker soup.
This chili freezes amazingly well in Tupperware and is a great dinner to give someone in need of a meal. Just add a salad and loaf of crusty bread to finish off the meal.