Sunday, June 24, 2012

Balsamic Bruschetta

I like the idea of a quick, fresh, summery dinner. This was my first attempt at bruschetta and I enjoyed it. 



Original recipe found here.


Balsamic Bruschetta
Ingredients:
Tomato Topping:
8 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (I used shaved)
2 cloves garlic, minced 
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil 
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Bread:
French bread (I used split ciabatta rolls)
Olive oil
Minced garlic

Directions:
1. Slice bread, put on cookie sheet, brush top of each slice with olive oil and sprinkle garlic on each slice. Place cookie sheet with bread on it in the oven and broil it until bread is toasted. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn! Pull out and set aside to cool when it is toasted to your liking. 
2. Mix remaining ingredients into a bowl to make tomato mixture. 
3. Top each slice of toasted bread with tomato mixture. Drizzle with additional balsamic vinegar if desired, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
4. Enjoy!




Buns split, garlic/oiled, and toasted.


Before


After: Ready to go on a toasted bun





I would recommend chopping the tomatoes as small as possible to make it easier to eat and keep on the bread.

The leftover tomato topping made a great fresh salsa with chips the next day.


If you have a favorite bruschetta recipe to suggest, please share and leave it in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. Looks delish. Dang these tomato allergies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one...wait.. plagiarizer!!

    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/balsamic-bruschetta/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=bruschetta&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hey, I referenced where I found it!... I just didn't find it on that webpage. :)

      Delete

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...