Zach liked it so much he practically ate an entire loaf himself, and then requested that I make it every week. And who doesn't like their house to smell like homemade bread? Mmmm. Heaven.
English Muffin Bread
Via. Makes 4 loaves.
5 1/2 Cups warm water
3 Packages rapid rise yeast
2 Tablespoons salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
11 Cups all purpose flour
Melted butter for brushing on at the end.
1. Mix all ingredients in large bowl, only enough to combine ingredients. (Will barely fit in a 5 quart mixing bowl.) Dough will be really sticky.
2. Divide into four equal parts and place in pans.
3. Let rise until dough reaches top of pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Ten minutes before done, brush with melted butter and place back in oven for the last ten minutes.
6. Wait for loaves to cool completely on cooling rack before cutting if you want nice slices.
If you are like me and only have one legitimate bread pan, any glass baking dish will do!
It tastes great toasted, warm out of the oven, or however else you can think of. I made some homemade Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup to go with it, and it was a delicious!
I have already bought more ingredients to make this again!
What is your favorite way to eat homemade bread? Favorite meal to pair with it?