Friday, August 30, 2013

Ladies Luncheon: Salad Bar

I've been trying to get as much socializing in as I can before our rumored move. I co-hosted another luncheon, but this time we made homemade salads. Yum!

The idea to make salads was born after making lunch for fifteen people for a church event. We made wraps from this recipe. They are soooo good! We decided to make them in salad form!

I love a big yummy salad. My favorite salads consist of spinach, something crunchy (almonds, chow mein noodles, sunflower seeds, etc.), fruit (fresh strawberries, blueberries, canned pears, etc.), cheese (feta, blue, etc.), and some yummy salad dressing. I like something that has a sweetness to it like poppy seed dressing, honey mustard dressing, balsamic vinegar, etc.





The lineup: Three kinds of greens, canned pears, crasins, blue cheese, feta, grilled corn, chow mein noodles, apple chunks.




Also: avocado, limes, canned peaches, and chopped pecans.


Yum!


Any other salad recommendations?





4 comments:

  1. shredded carrots, hard boiled eggs, bacon bits, olives, shredded cabbage, tomatoes (from the garden!), red or green onions. Salads are fun! We have big make-your-own salads at least once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you came! It is great to have you back!

      Delete

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...