Sunday, February 26, 2012

#4 Pinspiration: Outfit: Braids, Ring, Nails

Some adventures in fashion!

When I was in 7th grade I was really into painting my nails and had a box full of polish in every color of the rainbow. I rarely painted my nails while in high school or college, and ended up "gifting" all my nail polish to my younger sisters when I left home. (You're welcome!)

Part of the problem was that it only looked good for about 20 seconds, and only on my non-dominant hand. I was also really involved in art classes and you can't have nice manicures while throwing on the pottery wheel, or while printmaking.

Right after I had Peter and was in the hospital, two of my friends that I serve with at Church stopped by with a gift bag. They had brought me pale pink polish, grey polish, a container of cookies, flowers, and heavy-duty lotion. I was so touched by their thoughtfulness to think of me especially since most gifts are for babies, and not really the mom.

Now I had a new reason to start painting my nails again! I got some some nail primer and no chip top coat for Christmas to try to make the effort of painting my nails worth it by prolonging the life of the paint job.

It was nice to have a reason to stop for 20 minutes and spend some time on myself and just have a break to relax while dealing with the stress and emotions of Peter's life and our loss.


Goal #4: Pinspiration

Via

Via

Via




My version:


Rockin' more braids.



CZ studs: gift from Zach

Revlon Minted and Dreamer


Actually won a giveaway! Got this ring. (Not worth $29 + tax + shipping and handling) but with gift card = freeee!



Peter locket in action. Also, new chevron shirt = love. I'm always on the lookout for  light knit shirts for hot Texan summers that have more than a cap sleeve.



2 comments:

  1. This is my first time reading your blogy - you write beautifully. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings.

    On a side note, your have the most beautiful hair, I bet a fishtail braid swept to the side would be fabulous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chantelle! I actually just learned how to do a fishtail and you can see my results here:
      http://thepodgefiles.blogspot.com/2012/02/10-fishtail-braid.html

      Delete

Don't be shy, comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...